Friday, August 16, 2013

Monthly Feature at the Queen by {Home-ology} modern vintage

Can you believe it's almost the end of summer? Didn't it just turn spring, like, yesterday??? But my garden is waning, children are back in school, and my energy level is similar to that of a sloth right now. Yep, those are the sure signs that fall is soon upon us.

Well, that only means one thing. It's almost time to bring out all the fall fluff - and we all love that, do we not?

Here's some eye candy from the Alpharetta Queen to get your juices flowing.
purple geode via homeologymodernvintage.com

Geodes. Kinda have a thing for them + agates lately. Isn't this one just the prettiest? And it's huge - I think it was about 17" tall! Such a statement piece for a bookshelf. This was found in dealer KIVA'S booth.

birdcage chandeliere via homeologymodernvintage.com

painted sign via homeologymodernvintage.com


Isn't that ginormous bird cage chandy to die for? Yes, it is! This is from a new dealer, K JAXN. You'll definitely want to check her out the next time you're in the Alpharetta store. Her inventory is always an interesting mix filled with eclectic finds, curiosities, and salvaged pieces. Definitely worth a visit. She's one to keep on your radar for interesting finds.

chalkboard paint file cabinet via homeologymodernvintage.com

chalkboard painted globe via homeologymodernvintage.com

I love how dealer LL has gotten clever with some chalkboard paint. I really like the idea of using chalkboard on the file cabinet fronts. Another organizing dilemma solved by the use of chalkboard paint!

floating glass orbs via homeologymodernvintage.com

And just because this booth always captures my attention, dealer ABY has me again with these large floating glass balls. These are awesome! Makes me want to decorate a beach house.

oyster candlestand via homeologymodernvintage.com


oyster shell candlestick via homeologymodernvintage.com

And just down the way from those beautiful glass orbs I spotted some oyster candlesticks in dealer SANDY's booth. Talk about beachy - aren't these a great organic statement?

vintage tray via homeologymodernvintage.com

This painted wicker tray is so fresh + modern. I love the fabric dealer DCR chose to use. There is always something I wish I had taken for myself when I do one of these guests posts. I think this sweet little tray is the winner this month. So pretty!

vintage mailbox via homeologymodernvintage.com

But, then again, I'm always a sucker for something authentic and timeworn. Dealer TFP has an eye for beautiful garden/outdoor pieces. This one is so darling. And it even has hooks for you to hang a wreath beside your front door! Love!!!

So that's a quick peek at a few new additions to the Queen's inventory thanks to all the talented dealers in her fold.

Enjoy the last of your summer days as we begin the transition of seasons.

This has been a guest post from Sarah Krouse at {Home-ology} modern vintage. As well as being a dealer in our Alpharetta location, Sarah blogs over at homeologymodernvintage.com. If you enjoyed reading her post and would love to read more of her writing, we encourage you to stop by her blog. There you'll see many of her own personal vintage finds as well her creative ideas for living a simple lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. I want that bird cage!! It's so beautiful!! I am ready to die for it!! HAHA!! garden decorations

    ReplyDelete