Saturday, April 19, 2014

Dealer Feature: DPC Marietta, Debbie Camp

Each month we feature our great dealers in our blog, to give a little background on them, how they got started at The Queen, and what trends they are seeing! Meet Debbie Camp, a dealer who has been at the Marietta Queen of Hearts for almost a year, and is located on East Bay Street, dealer code DPC. Visit her Facebook page DPC Queen of Hearts, to see all of her gorgeous items and Like her page to be updated on new arrivals!
 
 
A little over a year ago I retired from Delta Airlines after a 34-year career as a flight attendant. Everyone kept asking me, "So now what?" I really did not have any concrete plans to have another career. I enjoy volunteering, gardening, re-purposing things and thought, "hmmm, what can I do with those interests?" One day I was at the Queen in Alpharetta and I ran into a friend who has two booths there. She spoke very highly of the owners and the staff and suggested I might like to join the team. I began praying about it, and plugged away preparing for a booth to become available. In July I moved into the Marietta location on East Bay St.
 
 
Coincidentally, my inlaws were downsizing and planning to move into an assisted living. Their basement was full of vintage treasures. I got busy cleaning up, painting, and re-purposing items, and low and behold I had a plethora of furniture and fun treasures. They were both raised in Paulding County (West Cobb) on farms. They had furniture, tools, dishes, and garden accessories stored in their basement from their parent's homes. My husband would say,"You are not selling Mama's favorite yada yada!" Oh we had numerous discussions about those forgotten treasures. I must admit he and my son have been very supportive helping me repair and haul "Mama's treasures" and my husband has a workshop in our basement that has now become "ours" (and has created more discussions!)
 
 
I moved into my booth in Marietta on East Bay last July. It has been a "stepping out of the box" experience for me working in a retail setting. The creative part of having a booth is totally up my alley. I enjoy the hunt for vintage treasures as much as the re-purposing, and helping people find something they love. Yes, I have been known to go into dumpsters looking for old windows being discarded, and you fellow dumpster divers are probably nodding your heads. I have enjoyed going to auctions and estate sales collecting antiques and picking through vintage items - you never know who's trash might be someone's treasure.
 
 
Furniture has a great story to tell with it's finishes, lines, and character marks. I just like to add more to its story with my creative flair. Stop by and visit me at the Queen of Hearts in Marietta, dealer code DPC on E Bay St, and Like my page DPC Queen of Hearts! I'm always refreshing my booth and filling it with vintage treasures for your home. I'd love to help you find what you're looking for. - Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment